Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fat Fall Off Oct 9, 2010

Cheri emailed me today and suggested I add more protein to my diet. I am hoping that will help keep me satiated. I picked up my supplements when I was at the gym tonight and I plan on starting them tomorrow morning. I can’t wait to see the difference in how I feel with them.

Today was a busy day for moms in Lake Stevens with teenage daughters. The morning started with a 8:00am Pee-Wee football game. I packed my “to-go” breakfast and made hot peppermint tea in my usual coffee thermos. After the game friends wanted to go out to breakfast and I joined them at the buzz inn but just had a cup of tea. I didn’t want to miss out on the socialization and they all understood. After breakfast it was to Target to pick up last minute homecoming dance items and to Safeway to pick up the boutonniere. I started to get hungry and had another apple. Note: Five days of apples get old!

After she was ready I drove her to the meeting house and politely resisted the snacks laid out for parents. We took photos and I left. It was easy to resist the snacks, especially with a public weigh-in in less than a month.

Here is the part I am excited to write about. After that busy day I would have crashed for an hour power nap. NOT TODAY! I went to the gym and worked out for an hour and a half. Normally I would not have had the energy. This just goes to show that changes in my diet and starting a fitness routine really can increase your energy all natural. This must be what skinny people feel like!



Today’s food:

Breakfast: 2 hardboiled eggs and an apple with cinnamon

Snack: Apple

Lunch: Grilled Chicken Arugula salad with tomatoes, mushrooms and basil. Olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Snack: Coconut bar

Dinner: Same as lunch (I was not in the mood to get creative today)



Today’s Fitness:

42 min on treadmill (5K mostly at level 4)

15 min on elliptical (Level 1)

20 min on machines

100 crunches

50 side to sides holding ball

No comments: