Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fat Fall Off Oct 6, 2010

I would say my mood today was a mixture of excitement and apprehension. I had no idea what to expect. Would I get a Biggest Loser Jillian or Bob type? Could I make a full hour? The walking on the trail yesterday nearly killed me. I arrived early and Cheri told me to go upstairs and get on the treadmill before my session started. She was smiling like “Don’t just sit there! Get moving!” I was on the treadmill at a level 3 for 30 min before my training started. I met my group and talked to one of my team mates about why we were here and what our goals for the program were. She said she owns a chain of fast food restaurants and talked about how difficult it was being around burgers and fries all day. I could only imagine. When we went downstairs and the trainer started to show us what to do, we just met glances, our eyes wide. I was thinking to myself…um…my body does not bend that way. I was surprised how far I could bend and I believe a contributing factor was that I didn’t want to be the fat lady in the group that couldn’t do what the others did. There were so many times tonight that I wanted to quit halfway through thinking I could not possibly do another step-up or Ab-Flexor. But something happens when your in a group and the trainer is counting down the time. I thought to myself...”ok..30 seconds down…I’m done…wait I can go 10 more…” then the trainer would call out 15 seconds left…and before I knew it I had completed a full minute. Me…doing a full minute of crunches? Amazing!

I am developing a fitness plan now. I will be working with Mike Monday’s and Wednesday’s. The other 5 days I will do an hour of cardio and then do the workout I did with my trainer. I am determined to beat the record of 27 pounds and in order to do that I will need to put some serious hours in.

I will be sore tomorrow. On a side note, I am feeling really proud of myself. I drank right at 64 oz of water today, so that was a huge improvement over yesterday. I didn’t have any coffee, and had a slight headache this afternoon. I poured a can of coconut water over ice as Cheri suggested during the nutrition class and that seemed to help a little. I think I am going through sugar withdrawal also.

Today’s food

Breakfast: 2 small hardboiled eggs and one cup of cooked steel cut oats with almond milk and Stevia

Snack: 4 slices of turkey wrapped around a cored and sliced apple. (Turkey was nitrate free and free-range from deli counter) One can of coconut water.

Lunch: salad with tomatoes and shredded carrots with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I was still hungry after lunch but didn’t want to eat my snack too soon.

Snack: Pear and handful of unsalted almonds

Dinner: I did not prepare well for a busy night, and had two sports practices to attend before training. I went to Haggen’s and grabbed some premade sushi. It was brown rice, seaweed, shrimp, carrots, and avocado. I assume the ingredients were not organic, but am still proud of the choice I made as all of me wanted to drive through somewhere. I did not use any soy sauce.

Today’s Fitness: See Above

No comments: