Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fat Fall Off Oct 14, 2010

Mike is back from vacation and I have been looking forward to my first training session with him all day. My weight loss has not been what I have been hoping for so I’ve decided to step it up a little more. I went to the 6:30 kick fit class tonight. I have to tell anyone who has never been to Kick-fit…THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN! The class was an hour but it didn’t seem like it at all. The music was blaring, and it was all songs we know and love. I looked around and saw several people singing along to “Pump up the jam” and “Let’s get this party started.” Mike teaches it and he made it awesome. Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t a party, it was a really intense workout. It has come to my attention tonight that I am physically incapable of jump roping. I looked like I was having a seizure trying to get my rope under my feet. The part I loved, loved, loved was karate kicking the bag all ninja style! I was all like…oh yeah…don’t mess with me! Kickfit ended with an ab-workout that was really difficult but really fun. I paired up with this amazing woman that has lost 100 pounds, she is really funny and I liked working out with her. We sat on our rears and interlocked our feet. We did sit-ups while throwing a medicine ball back and forth. We were only supposed to do 25 each but we sorta didn’t hear that part and kept going waiting for Mike to say “Time!” Finally we noticed everyone else had stopped and were waiting on us. I looked at Mike and said…”Did we miss something?” It was really funny.


After Kick Fit we went into our personal training. I have a new goal. I lack the strength to pick up my own body weight and therefore am unable to lay on my back, feet on the giant orange ball and lift my own rear off the ground. Every time I lifted my behind I would roll to the right or the left. I looked like a spaz and it was really difficult! I have mastered my form on the Ab-Solo (the previous bruise causing machine), but it is still very intense. I must have been making some kind of ugly face, because Mike said…and I quote “That’s the face I am looking for…the OH MY GAWD FACE!” We ended in sprints across the gym. To all who are reading this and wondering if you get your money’s worth with the trainer…the answer is a resounding yes. You will be sore…but if you’re not sore, you’re not working hard enough.

My favorite part of these workouts is when the sweat drips into my glasses. It’s so cool!

Today’s food:

Breakfast: Detox shake and pear

Snack: almonds and orange (they taste really good together)

Lunch: Package of albacore tuna, lemon and a package of Mary’s crackers from TF

Snack: coconut bar

Dinner: vegi scramble- it was so good last night, I had it again.

Shred zucchini, dice onion and tomatoes and slice some mushrooms. Separate your eggs and whip up the whites. Sauté the vegi’s in a tiny bit of olive oil and add a dash of sea salt and two cloves chopped garlic. Add eggs and enjoy! Prep time 5 min, cook time, 5 min.

My Fitness:

See above

No comments: