Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fat Fall Off Oct 13, 2010

I had to work late tonight and I didn’t get home until nearly seven. I survived off the almonds and an apple I had stashed in my desk. I was literally starving by the time I came home. I was not expecting to work so late, so I was completely unprepared. As my co-worker went to the vending machine I resolved it was better to stay hungry than eat a bag of chips or packaged doughnuts. I am not one who advocates skipping meals at all, but I didn’t see I had much of a choice. I kept telling myself the almonds and apple gave my body the fuel it needed and I just needed to be strong until I could get home.

Lesson for the day: Prepare for the unexpected. I now have several ¼ c. raw almond baggies and two paleo bars in my desk drawer.

When I got home, I went to the fridge and scrambled some egg whites with mushrooms and tomatoes and green onion. It was very quick to prepare and very filling. I devoured it!

I am exhausted and going to hit the sack. Big fitness day tomorrow!

Today’s food:

At 6:00am detox shake with strawberries and almond milk

Breakfast: Steel cut oats in the microwave (I was hungry this morning…and I know…no microwaves)

Snack: pear

Lunch: Leftover zucchini spaghetti

Snack: Almonds and apple

Dinner: Vegi omelet



My Fitness:

I did not work out today, so it looks like I am trading my Sunday for today.

No comments: