Monday, October 25, 2010

Fat Fall Off Oct 25, 2010

Ugh…I hate Mondays…


I came into work to an email explosion. I wanted to hibernate at my desk and attack my inbox but I walked away from my desk and instead…went to the kitchen and made myself a cup of peppermint tea. Trader Joe’s sells a delicious brand with a hint of tarragon. Peppermint has been used for hundreds of years as an herbal remedy for an upset stomach, it also relieves stress via aromatherapy and aids in weight loss. Peppermint acts as an appetite suppressant and helps digestion. I drink it because it is sweet without any added sugar. I love it cold in the summer and piping hot in the winter. I peeled my egg I brought and sliced my pear. It was nice to take a moment and actually have a conversation with my co-workers in the kitchen. I tend to be very focused at work and do not socialize much. I know in my heart I do this because I don’t like myself very much at this weight and can’t imagine other people would either. Something is changing in me. I feel more confident right now. I thought about this after I got back to my desk and realized it has everything to do with the power I am giving myself. I have been battling PCOS and blood sugar issues for over a year. I would take my medication at night and eat candy during the day. I was on a constant energy roller coaster ride and sitting next to me in the front seat were my good buddies Shame and Guilt. I have nothing to feel guilty about now. I eat like a healthy person, I work out and I feel amazing! I am coming out of my shell!

Tonight I left TF feeling like an athlete! I climbed the rock wall. Let me repeat…I climbed the rock wall! Mike showed me what to do and I got on. He started it very slow and I fell off on my first time. The second time I made that wall my “Biotch!”

For any of you wondering if a trainer or the detox is worth the price…well how much would you pay for self confidence? How much would you pay to be able to walk into your workplace kitchen and just join a conversation? How much would you pay to get your power back?

Today’s food:

Breakfast: Detox shake

Snack: Hard boiled egg and pear

Lunch: red leaf lettuce with tuna, lemon and a cut up tomato

Snack: Almonds

Dinner: Grilled chicken breast, brown rice with a tiny slice of butter and steamed broccoli



My Fitness:

1 hour Kick fit class and 1 hour personal training…oh…and did I mention I CLIMBED THE ROCK WALL???

No comments: