Friday, September 4, 2009

Week 7 - Aug 14th, 2009

BUSTED! I was so busted when I walked into work Wednesday morning. I didn’t even get to my desk when my two co-workers held out their hands with tiny bits of chocolate in them. My first thought was oh man…I forgot to lick my desk clean! A good friend of mine is doing the Susan G. Komen 3-day and she asked me to sell candy bars for her. Now…this is something that you don’t say no to unless you literally have had your heart surgically removed, but come on…asking a fat girl on a diet to sell king size chocolate bars for you? It was bound to happen. I ate one delicious king size Baby Ruth. I chose the bar because it had peanuts, you know, loaded with protein…and chocolate! I would have gotten away with it if it weren’t for those pesky telltale bits of creamy goodness that fell behind my keyboard!

This is by far the longest I have ever stuck to a diet and I owe it all to the shear humiliation I would feel if I were to give up. This weekly article gives me strength, gives me hope, and gives me tangible results to look back on and feel proud of. It is not easy…I have no idea how the skinnies do it. It is a constant battle every day not to cheat, not to rationalize a bite here and there (or an entire candy bar) and to get my tired butt to the gym. I think the people who say it gets easier are either completely delusional, naturally thin, or are just cruel…possibly all three. It does not in fact get easier…the more weight I lose, the easier it is to justify skipping a day at TeamFitness.

I have to give a little shout out to my mother. She called me the other day while I was in the middle of a PMS meltdown. I was irritated at work, the husband, the kids, I was not being pleasant at all. I was ranting about the bank teller who told me I couldn’t possibly live at my current address because she had never heard of the street and she’s lived here her entire life. My mother told me I needed to let it go and I needed to get my butt to the gym. I said “NO…I’m not going!” like a toddler asked to pick up her toys. She started out nice, then went all tyrant on me. She told me to get to the gym or I’d be grounded. I’m 34 and the woman still scares me. She said if I didn’t get to the gym immediately…if not sooner…she would drag me there by my ear. I’m 5’7, I tower over the woman, but she can jump high and that motivated me! I found my keys and pouted the entire way. I was not in the mood! When I got there, someone was using Xena (I’ve named my elliptical machine). I am confidant Xena belongs to me. Xena is beside me in this battle, we are weight warriors, and someone else had the nerve to be on my machine when I showed up! I was certain this person, and you know who you are, deliberately chose Xena to add to my already dreadful day. So I waited. I just stood there giving this person the “look”. Now mind you, I realize this person probably didn’t recognize the bond Xena and I have, but I took it as a personal attack and I was ready to cause a ruckus. The person who was sweating all over Xena finally dismounted and I plugged in. I made it 30 minutes before I went to do my strength test on KOKO. I am happy to report I have increased my strength 10% in 7 weeks. That accomplishment definitely improved my day.

I guess it’s safe to say that mood definitely plays a role in motivation. Mood affects my food choices and it affects my energy level. When you spend all day irritated at other people you don’t have much left for yourself. Short of medication, I’m not real sure how to avoid this next month. I guess I will just mark that week on the calendar and make sure to call my mommy when I need a little motivation!


My Stats for the week:

Starting weight: 242 pounds
Previous weight: 229 pounds
Current weight: 227 pounds
Current Weight Loss: -2 pounds
Total weight loss: 15 pounds

No comments: