Friday, September 4, 2009

Week 6 Aug 7, 2009

Why do the clothing manufacturers think fat people want their gym wear covered in Disney characters, Gold lame appliqué, or bold phrases like “Big and Beautiful?” Clearly, if big was indeed beautiful, we wouldn’t be buying the clothes to work out in!
Do Nike or Reebok believe fatties aren’t worthy of chocolate brown yoga pants and a coordinating pink tank long enough to stretch in? We fatties want to look as good as the skinnies at the gym and it starts with stylish gym wear. I don’t care who you are, little magic fairies are not appropriate after the age of six. I went on a shopping spree to celebrate my 10% loss. I came back with ankle socks. The eight hours of dedicated “me-time” left me very frustrated.

My very good friend Lee Ann, bought me a gift to celebrate my 5K. I opened the bag and to my surprise was a beautiful red and white Adidas outfit. It was a size 1X. I was so surprised! I immediately asked her where she found plus size work out wear. She told me Fred Meyer had a whole section dedicated to the size that needed the clothes the most. I drove from Burlington to Northgate looking for workout wear and Fred Meyer had them all along. I am happy to announce I have some good looking outfits to sweat in.

I lost two more pounds this week bringing me to 229 pounds! I didn’t believe it at first and stepped off then back on –figuring I was standing wrong on the scale. I told myself it was just water and that I weighed at the right time, never mind that I weigh at the same time every week, Tuesdays at 6:00 am at TeamFitness. I don’t know why I feel the need to dismiss my own success. I am in the 220’s- it’s been years and I am proud! It’s really difficult to say that out loud. Men have no problem announcing their success. Matter of fact they usually don’t let it go. They require admiration and praise for loading the dishwasher or going to the market and picking up ALL the items on the list we made them . When is the last time a mom walked into her living room and announced she just did a load of whites and stand there waiting for her family to admire her sorting ability? We just do the things that need to be done and even though the white load came out whiter than white- we dismiss it as no big deal. If the family notices the socks are whiter than normal, we don’t say “thanks,” we give the bleach full credit. Not this time…I’m taking the credit!

My Stats for the week:

Starting weight: 242 pounds
Previous weight: 231 pounds
Current weight: 229 pounds
Current Weight Loss: -2 pounds
Total weight loss: 13 pounds

No comments: